2009年2月16日星期一

A use of 够。 够不到,够不着,够得到,够得着,够到了吗? Can you reach it?

This post is about a use of 够 that was unfamiliar to me.

So, this is something I can't ever recall encountering, but it is incredibly useful and I'm a little surprised it feels so new to me. You can obviously see the meaning here from 够, but this actual 伸 (reach out) and 接触, 碰 (touch/'get') something is something even the dictionary acknowledges a separate entry.

So this is a fixed use to talk about "be able to reach/get" something.

够到了吗? Did you reach it? Did you get it?

Note: this is about actually reaching out with your hand or in the actual air, something reaching a distance to be able to 'touch' or 'grab' or 'get' something.

My test was testing the complement 到, but the dictionary has 着 as a standard usage, so know both, they are kind of similar in many cases.

We're done here.

没有评论:

发表评论