2009年1月28日星期三

缕 -lv3 a "wisp" "strand" 量词

On the famed measure word section of the grammar portion I came across this one, didn't really remember seeing it before。 I believe the phrase was:

一缕光线 - (a streak/stream of light?)

From the dictionary the only place I can possibly remember hearing/seeing it is from the phrase 一缕头发 which apparently is a lock of hair。 Perhaps there is another way of saying "a lock of hair" that I'm forgetting. (The dictionary provides possible translations including strand of hair, but in English I tend to think of a strand as one, with "a single strand of hair" being the phrase I think is most commonly used.) To me a lock of hair is most certainly more a small amount of individual strands bound together.

Not very important, but if the test book felt this measure was important enough to know, you should know it too, like I now do.

1 条评论:

  1. for a lock of hair, I always use 束

    but only because of the 王力宏 song 大城小愛
    "剪掉一束头发 让我放在胸前"

    (a google search shows this as a lock-like hair counter though)

    回复删除